giovedì 17 giugno 2004

Testi di musica celtica: The Chieftains, Mo Ghile Mear (My Hero)

Artista: The Chieftains

Album: The Long Black Veil

Brano: 1


Mo Ghile Mear:

Traditional, arr.Paddy Moloney. With Sting

Anche Mary Black ha cantato una versione di questo brano, però tutta in lingua gaelica, mentre i Chieftains hanno conservato in gaelico solo il ritornello. Ascoltando questa canzone, soprattutto nell'incipit, si può ben notare la vicinanza alle sonorità mediorientali a cui ho accennato nel post sulla musica celtica (13 giugno 2004): non sembra una canzone da harem?


Ritornello

'Sé mo laoch, mo Ghile Mear

'Sé mo Chaesar Gile Mear

Suan nà séan ní bhfuaireas féin

Ó chuaigh i gcéin mo Ghile Mear.

(2 volte)


Grief and pain are all I know

My heart is sore, my tears will flow.

We saw him go, how would we know

No word we know of him a'home.


Ritornello


A proud and gallant chevalier

A highborn skald of gentle mien

A fiery blade engaged to lead

He'll break the bravest in the field.


Ritornello


We'll sing his praise, as sweet harps play

And proud we trust, his noble fame.

We'll spare no time with mind afraid

So wish him strength and length of deeds.


Ritornello


La la la la la la la....


Ritornello


Traduzione del ritornello:


He is my hero, my dashing darling

He is my Caesar, dashing darling.

I've had no rest from forebodings

Since he went far away my darling.

1 commento: